Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Aaahhh...my birthday


So...today is my birthday. Every year it gets harder and harder to celebrate the fact that I am actually getting older. To make it a little more interesting, I decided to see what significant events have happened on August 25th in history...strangely enough, they are all connected to me in some way or another...go figure!
1768 Captain James Cook began his first voyage (He is the one who "discovered" Hawaii)
1916 The US National Park Service is created (I love hiking!)
1944 Paris is liberated by the Allies in World War II (I speak French...well...kinda)
1814 Washington DC is burned and the White House is destroyed by the British in the Battle of
1812 (I am going to DC for the first time in October)
1927 Althea Gibson is born. She was the first African American woman to play on the world tennis tour and the first to win a Grand Slam title in 1956. (I heart tennis so much!)
1930 Sean Connery is born. (I know that I am destined to marry James Bond)
1949 Gene Simmons of Kiss is born. (I got all of my make up tips from him)
1961 Billy Ray Cyrus is born. (Wow! I have an achy breaky heart too!)
1968 Rachel Ray is born. (Thank goodness! Now I can cook a meal in 30 minutes of less)
1970 Claudia Schiffer is born. (I also do a little modeling on the side...such a small world!)
So, as you can see, August 25th is a very important day in history...and now you know something that I'll bet you didn't know yesterday! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! I am excited for the coming year and all of the experiences and adventures that await me!

No comments:

Post a Comment