Saturday, July 3, 2010

Did you think I had died?


Hello all!


You might have thought that I had died or something, and I could give all sorts of excuses about how busy I've been, but the truth of the matter is that I thought about writing many, many times, but didn't think I had anything to say.


But for those of you who know me, I ALWAYS have something to say! Haha!


I am getting ready to start a new job in a week or so and as part of the starting process, my manager had me write up a business plan. A business plan that includes my goals and objectives as well as activities that I will do to accomplish them. I laid out both my short-term and long-term goals and also detailed the reason "why" I want to accomplish them...and the "why" is actually the most important part of the business plan.


As with so many things in life, my professional self is intimately interwoven with my personal life. Writing up this business plan forced me to reflect on where I am in my life, where I am headed right now and IF that is indeed where I want to end up.


Doing this excercise helped me to concisely explain what I want in my life and I thought I would share them with you. Basically it comes down to four simple things. I realized that I want health, wealth, happiness and love. Just like with so many things in life, each of these simple words may mean something different to me than they might mean to someone else, so over the next few posts, I will explain what they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment