Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm back!



Hey everyone!

I know it's been ages since my last post...and I'm not going to make any excuses about why I've been away. Let's just say that I've been very busy and that things are going great!

With the start of the new year, I've decided to do something that I've never done before; I'm embracing winter and the Utah snow. I was born and raised in the beautiful state of Utah, and for as long as I can remember I have dreamed about moving to somewhere warm and tropical. I've actually done that a few times, but have always come back to the Beehive State. Now that I am happily resigned to living here I've decided that I need some fun winter hobbies to make the cold half of the year more enjoyable...instead of just hibernating and wishing for 90 degrees. Last year I took up snowshoeing and had a really fun time doing that.

This year I am taking ski lessons. My first lesson was yesterday and I had an absolute blast! I talked a friend into going with me and we signed up for the Alta's Adult Learn to Ski Program. I had such a great time and the best part is that I didn't fall down even once! We spent the day near the tow ropes and bunny hills (with all the children..heehee!) but I really feel like I learned a lot and can't wait to get out there again. We have four lessons total and feel confident that I will be a pro by the end of the season.
The best part is that I looked really adorable in my snow gear! Haha! This is especially important because I learned that there are a lot of out of hot male out of townies who travel in groups...my friend and I got chatted up a few times yesterday. All of them seemed very impressed that we were out for our first time and were anxious to give us tips and show us how it's done...I might have a new career as a ski bunny!

1 comment:

  1. Learning to ski, eh? I tried that once (in the 7th grade), but was unfortunate to have boots that were too small, gear that wasn't warm enough, and an over-active center of the universe complex that convinced me that everyone was watching me not be a naturally fantastic ski-bunny. So ended my skiing career after about half an hour. And, you do look adorable! :) --Becky A.

    ReplyDelete