Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some people zig...but I ZAGG!!





Hey!


So, I wanted to send an update about things going on with me.



A few months ago, a friend of mine, Ian Joy, approached me about starting a business with him. For the past 15 years Ian has been playing professional soccer. About 3 years ago I met him when I was working at Wells Fargo and he became a client of mine. Soon that professional relationship turned into a good friendship. When Ian decided to retire from soccer this year, he came to me with a business idea. We, along with his girlfriend Nichole Newbold, decided to open a franchise for a company called Zagg. Zagg is actually an acronym that stands for "Zealous About Great Gadgets" and they make and sell coverings for gadgets like cell phones, tablets, computers, e-readers, etc... Their corporate headquarters are here in Salt Lake City and as a company they are seeing tremendous growth and success.



After doing some due dilligence we decided to open our store at the St Louis Galleria Mall in St Louis, Missouri. We had our grand opening on May 13th, and now just a month later we are doing fantastic!! We have already signed a contract to open a second store in a nearby mall on September 1st and plan on opening at least 2 more in the coming months in the surrounding area.



I am keeping my career as a Financial Advisor and am in charge of running the books, doing payroll and inventory. Ian and Nichole moved to St Louis to run the day to day operations for the stores. I never imagined myself as a retail store owner, but I'm sure liking what I see so far. I am really excited to see where this takes us! Check out our website and let me know what you think! www.zaggcart.com/win If you decide you'd like to buy something, type in the code "CARTS10" when you check out to get 10% off of your order!

No comments:

Post a Comment