Friday, January 16, 2009

Talking, talking, talking...




So one constant thing in the life of a single person is the continuous conversations regarding relationships. It seems that eveyone (married or single) always wants to talk about who I am dating, who I am interested in, and what could possibly be wrong with me to still be a single woman at the tender age of 33!




With my single girlfriends I talk about the guys we know and how they ALWAYS seem to be interested in the girls who are totally wrong for them....if only they would listen to us!




With my single guy friends we usually talk about girls, mostly the "it" girls (since all the guys I know seem to like the same 5 girls). Of course by talking about this with them I am secretly hoping that they will NATURALLY discover that, indeed, I am the girl of their dreams and that all of these "it" girls are totally uninteresting and shallow...why can't they see this??




This tactic does not seem to be working...and all of this constant talking, talking, talking doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.




1 comment:

  1. Ditto!!! I feel the same way...however I am dating someone now and the conversation then only becomes "how are things going" "what do you think will happen long term"...sometimes I am glad when the talking just stops...when other times I am glad that there is someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete