Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No Trespassing!


Sometimes I feel myself going down the scary road...do you know the one I mean? The scary road that begins with negative thoughts and has all sorts of pot holes and blind curves that lead to nothing but trouble? Thoughts like "I am not thin enough, not pretty enough, not fun enough...just plain not enough" OR "I will be happy when I lose weight, when I get married, when my butt stops jiggling when I walk, when...(fill in the blank)?

Well, I have decided that I am going to post a huge NO TRESPASSING sign at the beginning of that scary road. Fortunately, I have good friends in my life who can help me recognize when I have started down that path and can help me get off of it quickly and back on the road of happiness and contentment.

The mind is a powerful thing and I know that for me once I let negative thoughts start to pollute my brain waves those negative thoughts become toxic and start poisioning my life. No more! I am going to live by the "No Trespassing" mantra...I think I will have some T-shirts made! Who wants one?

3 comments:

  1. I do! I do! I think it's so easy to get caught up in that magical place, somewhere out there, where we will be "happy." I believe most people live this way, although some probably do it less than others. The funny thing is that when we do get thin, or married, or get a smaller butt...we get laid off, someone we love gets sick, or the basement floods! My daily quote said, "There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Maybe we need to appreciate, even enjoy, being cracked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great post Melissa! One of my favorite talks given by Elder Wirthlin before he passed away was the one titled "Come what may and Love it". It kinda reminded me how dangerous negative thoughts can be! And I can't tell you how many times I have found myself living for the next stage in life...wishing the one I was in would be over soon (the last year of my life, actually). Now looking back all I see are days I spent overwhelmed with anxiety and fear rather than treasuring my kids, knowing they are going to be gone before I can blink....you know? So I'm with ya...out with those dangerous thoughts and in with the good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I love the support and knowning that I am not the only one who sometimes loses my mind with ridiculous thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete