Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence Day

I love the 4th of July.


I admit that part of it is because it is summer and I believe that pretty much every celebration is better when it is warm and sunny than cold and wet. It was especially great this year since it was on a weekend.


This year I was able to spend the weekend with my family and good friends. It started Friday night with going with my brothers and their wives and nephews going to the Real Salt Lake soccer game and fireworks. Saturday I spent the day with my sister and her family playing an intense round of ping pong. Then Saturday night I went to the Oakley Rodeo with some friends, and finally on Sunday I enjoyed a barbeque with good friends in the beautiful mountains. Basically I was able to be a true American with fireworks, ping pong, cowboys and BBQ. It just doesn't get any better than that!

On a deeper note, I am so grateful for Independence Day and what it represents. Not only for the freedoms that I enjoy being an American, but also what it symbolizes in my life. Freedom to be the person that I want to be, to practice the religion of my choosing, to have a career that I enjoy and to change my mind whenever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment